Matters of the Heart Counseling Centers offers a strength based and integrative therapy approach that combines different therapeutic tools and approaches to meet the needs of the client. Counselors will leverage elements from different schools of psychological theory and research that are evidence based and culturally aligned to a client’s individual characteristics, preferences, needs, physical abilities, spiritual beliefs and motivation levels.
We are culturally competent in the areas of race & ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability status, religious beliefs and other demographic characteristics. We provide a safe space for the client to explore their story and their feelings. We offer a collaborative treatment approach that encourages healing, growth and change.
"It's impossible to grow without changing. Small disciplines repeated with consistency everyday will lead to great achievements gained slowly overtime."
Our Core Values
• We exist to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
• We respect and honor where people come from and how they show up in the world.
• We embrace authenticity. We choose to be real, honest and allow our true selves to be seen.
• We embrace compassion, connection and collaboration.
• We offer a space that embraces diversity and inclusivity.
• We are servant leaders first so that the people who work alongside of us become heathier, wiser, freer and more autonomous.
• We have a passion for learning, and we are committed to our personal and professional growth.
• We know that vulnerability will transform the way we live, love, parent and lead.