In over ninety studies, seven key findings were noted regarding qualities of therapist who produce greater client outcomes. Take a look:
• There is a significant relationship between the therapeutic alliance and therapy outcome.
• Therapists who provide empathy have better outcomes.
• Therapists who work toward a consensus and agreed upon set of goals with clients have a better outcome.
• Therapists who are warmly accepting of their clients without conditions have a better outcome.
• Therapists willing to share of their lives and are genuine and communicate their person to clients fare better.
• Therapists who provide consistent feedback are more successful.
• Therapists willing to accept responsibility in part when things do not go as planned have better outcomes. Matters of the Heart Counseling Centers